Michelle September is our booking officer and she handles all queries relating to bookings. She can be contacted at the addresses below :-
Gold Fields Centre
Private Bag X7
Tel: (021) 799 8670
Fax: (021) 797 1919
Planning your visit
1. Decide well in advance when a visit to Kirstenbosch is going to be most beneficial to your learners.
2. Contact Michelle September to book your visit
3. Fill in and return the booking form, making sure to indicate your choice of topic
4. To confirm this booking, the full amount should be deposited into the NBI bank account seven days after we have received the booking information. (see booking form for account number). NB. Should you cancel at any stage you will pay R200 cancellation fee. Cheques to be made out to National Botanical Institute
5. Ensure that there is at least one adult available to supervise every 25 learners
6. Educators are expected to be with the group for the duration of the learning programme
7. The learning programme runs from 9h15 - 12h30 for all grades other than the Foundation phase grades, which is two hours.
R10.00 per learner using the Outreach Bus (sponsored groups)
R10 per learner using own transport
Accompanying educators participate free of charge ( maximum three educators)
Payment options: -
1. Pay full amount 3 weeks in advance.
· Deposit into NBI account and fax deposit slip
· Send cheque in the post to address above
NB: should a booking be cancelled at any stage, R200 cancellation fee will apply.
On the day
1. Learners should bring their own lunch as there is no tuckshop to buy snacks and drinks
2. Please use the recycling bins in the Centre garden for your litter ( there are bins for paper, glass, tins and general rubbish).
3. The Education Officer on duty will meet you at the Gold Fields Centre Reception. Do not go into the main garden unaccompanied.
4. If it rains on the morning of your visit, our indoor programme will be scheduled and adapted to accommodate the rainy weather.
Hire of Centre Venues
The Lecture and Discovery Room are ideal for workshops, seminars meetings and conferences ;
R500,000 - full day
R250,000 - half day
Audio visual and catering equipement are available on request.