CONCERT POSTER DESIGN COMPETITION
Appletiser Summer Sunset Concerts
Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden and Appletiser, the sponsors of the extremely popular Summer Sunset Concerts held at Kirstenbosch every Sunday evening in the summer, are looking for a design for the 2004-2005 concert season poster.
These concerts have become a Cape Town tradition and are attended by 3000 to 5000 people each Sunday. Kirstenbosch provides a majestic setting for families to picnic and relax whilst listening to the music. The aim of these concerts is to draw more people to the Garden, to provide a platform for the rich variety of music in the Western Cape and to raise funds for the future development of the Garden.
Appletiser is offering a cash prize of R3500 for the winning design of the poster to advertise these concerts. The closing date for entries is Friday 27 August 2004.
DESIGN BRIEF FOR APPLETISER SUMMER SUNSET CONCERT POSTER COMPETITION
1. The poster should convey the atmosphere of the concerts and their unique location.
2. The poster should not be larger than A2 format and can be in full colour.
3. The poster should be able to be displayed on street lamps.
4. The poster design must include the following text:
Summer Sunset Concert
This Sunday 17h30
Info: (021) 799 8783
5. The artwork for the poster must be camera ready. In case of an art work that is not computer generated, all text should be on a separate overlay in case of additions or changes.
6. All submissions have to be printed out. However, it is not necessary to print out the poster in an A2 size.
7. A brochure will be developed from the winning poster design. This will be done in consultation with the artist of the winning poster. The standard Summer Sunset Concerts brochure format will be produced.
For further information, contact Sarah Struys
Tel (021) 799 8775 fax (021) 761 5626
Download Entry Form