CALL FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Management Review: South African National Biodiversity Institute
Proposals by 22nd August 2003
The National Environmental Management Act: Biodiversity Bill, recently published in the Government Gazette, makes provision for the expansion of the mandate of the NBI into the South African National Biodiversity Institute.
The Board of the NBI wishes to commission a Management Review of the present National Botanical Institute and of the requirements of the expanded mandate.
Expressions of interest are invited from consultants wishing to be considered for this project. A briefing session will be held in Pretoria prior to receiving proposals for the Management Review.
The Management Review will include the evaluation of present and future requirements in terms of:
· Corporate governance, including the roles of the Board, CEO and Management
· Structure of the institute, and the impact of new functions on this
· Funding requirements and resources
· Human resource needs, restructuring, transformation and recruitment
· Legal, intellectual property and financial implications of the transition
· Possible amalgamation of NBI with other entities to create SANBI
· Clarification of the relationship between SANBI and provincial and national departments and similar entities
Prospective consultants should submit company profiles for consideration. Companies with experience in change management in parastatals will be given preference. Short-listed candidates will be required to attend a briefing session in Pretoria on 27th August 2003. Proposals for the Management Review, to be concluded by 31 December 2003, will be required by 12 September 2003.
Details of the NBI may be found on this, the corporate website.
Company profiles should be emailed to the Board Secretary at by 22 August 2003.