||"A beautiful garden
is a feast for the senses.
A masterpiece created by nature
and crafted by human hands."
Enter your Garden in this Competition: Closing date 30 September 2003
To celebrate the 90th anniversary of Kirstenbosch, Pam Golding Properties in association with Kirstenbosch National Botanical Gardens and the Proudly South African campaign, invites homeowners from the Cape Metropolitan Region to enter their gardens into the "Gardens of Pride" competition. There are plants from Kirstenbosch and/or garden equipment to the value of R30 000 to be won. Our commitment to the community extends to sponsoring the Kirstenbosch Outreach Greening competition for schools, and to introducing a township environmental upliftment programme in the future.
Further information is available from Collette van Aswegen
(021) 799 8756; email
1.Entries limited to the Cape Town Metropolitan area only.
2.Prizes will be awarded in two categories: properties under 500 m2 and properties larger than 500 m2. FIRST PRIZE: plants and/or gardening equipment to the value of R10 000 plus a free consultation and garden design by Room to Grow valued at R1000. SECOND PRIZE: plants and/or gardening equipment
to the value of R3000. THIRD PRIZE: plants and/or gardening equipment to the value of R1000. All winners will also receive a complimentary one year membership of the Botanical Society of South Africa.
3. Recent photographs of your garden must be submitted with your entry form. If you are not able to take photographs, please contact your Pam Golding Properties Area Specialist, who will be able to assist you.
4. You may submit a plan of your garden with your entry. If you do not submit one, it will not count against your entry.
5. Judging will be based on the following criteria: design and layout; plant use and choice; maintenance and condition.
6. Closing date for entries is 30 September 2003.
7. Photographic entries will be judged during October. Finalists in each category will be judged on site by a panel of judges.
8. Winners will be notified telephonically by 30 November 2003.
9. The judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
10.Entry forms and photographs become the property of the NBI and may be used for publicity purposes.
11.Staff members of the National Botanical Institute and Pam Golding Properties and their immediate families may not enter.
Entry Forms are available from the Visitors Centre at Kirstenbosch and Pam Golding agents and offices. A copy can be downloaded here.
No matter what its size, a garden is not just a haven of peace and beauty; a properly planned garden is an aid to the environment, an asset to the community, and a feature that can add to the value of your home.